Sunday, October 31, 2004
*sigh*
Well, as I type this entry in the blog, my grandpa is struggling to survive in the ICA at SGH. It's an experience I've nvr encountered in my life...having a very close loved one about to leave for good. Lots of our relatives appeared at the hospital today to visit him for probably one last time lorz. Sadness is definitely an understatement of my feelings now but I've already prepared myself mentally a long time ago(some very unusual behaviour from my grandpa told me something isn't right...) Thus, the blow won't be too great.
I'd have to say I've learnt a lot within this past few mths wif my grandpa getting hospitalised and discharged many times. I'd have to say for normal ppl, no matter how one tries to prepare oneself for the worse(tt he'd be leaving this world for good), he can nvr be fully prepared lorz. Cos one would be moving on to 'unchartered terroritory' of the living and it is without company. I'd say it's a scary feeling lahz, having to leave behind his loved ones and 'going' alone.
The time near one's last breath is the time when one is most vulnerable, especially if he's unwilling to 'go'. He's willing to try anything tt might give him a chance of survival. This is also the time when your mental strength is very important. A person wif a stronger will power will survive longer though inevitably will eventually succumb. An interesting fact is tt the person usually possesses a very strong will power if there is 'unfinished business' such as wanting to see somebody b4 he goes etc.
I duno how I'll react when the time comes larz, cos no one can tell how long he'll hold. What's for sure is tt he's too ill to fully recover lorz...
posted by sc @
9:07 pm
---
Gran Torino - Jamie Cullum
|
-tag-
-recent-
-archives-
-links-
|