Saturday, October 09, 2004
feng1 yu3 wu2 zu3

Yesterday was a day mixed wif fun and boredom. In the morn, we had to report to Safra Yishun by 0830h for the celebration of 46SAR's b-day. I was one of a few instructed to take part in the air-rifle shooting competition (cos I got marksman for my live-shoot). It wasn't really interesting at all lorz, won't have felt any different if I wasn't taking part in it. The air rifle is long and heavy and me not having strong hands, had a hard time aiming as the rifle keep swaying, lol. Well, our coy din win in the shooting competition.

We left the place at ard 1+pm aft lunch and since my apptment wif NSC was at 1615h, I reached Novena at 2+pm and decided to burn some time walking ard Novena Square. Man, it was really a boring place. There was nothing (as in shops) tt I was interested in taking a look and I ended up in the Food Court looking for dessert. Finally aft 2yrs (cos I dun think of finding it all the time), I get to taste what Red Ruby is. Back in NJ, they had Red Ruby on the menu but they nvr sell it. It looks really nice on the pic lorz, and a few occasions, I approached the dessert stores outside but to no avail. Well, it's quite nice larz, but I dun really love it so...yah...haha.

After the 1+hr of waiting and 15mins of consultation, I went to orchard borders to browse thru' bks since it was only 1700h and we were supposed to meet at orchard mrt at 1830h. 5 of us met up eventually, wif 2 on the way and we walked ard Taka. After the Jeremy came, we went to Swensens to queue and wait for Ming Yong to arrive. We sat at the table for almost 15mins b4 he came and we had our dinner there lorz.

After the meal, Hong initially intended to go to k-box but everyone of us din have much money left (or so it seems...) so Ben suggested going to a ktv where his friend worked (see got lobang or not lorz, hehe). This is the first time I'm going to ktv wif my friends, haha. We reached there at ard 9+pm. From the looks of the menu, I could tell we were going to spend quite a lot lorz, but cos Ben got lobang, we ended up wif 7 ppl paying only ard $67? I bet the bill could've ran up to double to amt lorz, so we felt quite paiseh, haha.

Initially I din think I'd sing cos I usually don't, but I ended up singing quite a few songs! We agreed tt each person had to sing at least ONE song. They couldn't decide what songs they want and I started the ball rolling by singing 25mins by MLTR (haha, my fav starting song for karaoke, cos I could sing wifout straining my voice very much). After the slow start, everyone warmed up already and the list kept running at ard 15 to 20 songs pending, lol. Got to hear lotsa chinese oldies which I used to listen to but duno the title so cannot download them. Long time no hear chinese songs le, cos I always tune in to english radio stations. My friends all sang quite a lot of not-so-recent but not-so-outdated chinese songs which I found are quite nice and I kept note of their titles so I can download them when I get home, haha. The feeling was great sia, after all the singing it seems tt all the stress is gone, shiok. We had a great blend of english and chinese songs, me contributing to the list of english songs, hehe. My friends din noe a lot of nice english songs so I sang a few of my most-beloved english songs (sort of recommend to them lorz, haha). Hmm, lemme recall the songs I sang...25mins, Sleeping Child(MLTR), feng1 yu3 wu2 zu3(Emil Chau), Heaven, All For Love(Bryan Adams), You'll Be In My Heart(Phil Collins), zhi4 shao3 hai2 you3 ni3(Sandy Lam), I'll Be There For You(Friends Theme) and a few more I believe but I can't remember. We actually intended to only sing a bit and leave by 2330h to make it for the buses and mrt but we ended up singing until 0145h the nxt morn lorz, hehe. Me and Yong Hua shared a cab and I managed to reach home at 0210h.

Haha, nxt time if got any ktv session I'll definitely go!! I dun deny that I dun have a good voice to sing, so one criteria is tt the grp musn't be too big larz, cos I'll feel very paiseh like I usually do and dun dare to sing in front of a big crowd wif my lousy voice. =P

posted by sc @ 1:05 pm

---


Gran Torino - Jamie Cullum

The Hunger Site

-tag-


-recent-
-archives-
-links-