Yep, it jus dawned on me that things seem alright on the surface but I guess it's not. This pent-up frustration in me is threatening to boil over very soon and I guess its the interactions with my inner circle of friends that keeps it in check every once in a while.
I've become less tolerant and easily irritated I think. A nice chat wif an old friend really puts things down into perspective. The slightest bit of inconsiderate behaviour in public gets my blood boiling and I can't wait to give that person a good scolding. It obviously doesn't get any better if that inconsiderate behaviour happens to affect me directly. How a person can just ignore my hand on the handrail and just start leaning on it in the mrt, how the aunties can just cut across me in front when I'm already standing on the yellow line at the station, how those 2 PRC ladies could just sit at a table where my friend and I left our bags there to buy food, without the slightest courtesy to ask? It used to be shrugged off easily in the past, now I just tolerate it just to give face to my friends around me, but every bit of anger and irritation just gets accumulated, waiting to explode on tt unlucky inconsiderate person who's gonna tip me off my edge, no matter how small the incident.
Where's the old, nice and tolerant Sze Chao I used to be, I wonder. Gotta find him back soon or things are gonna get ugly.