Wow... I finally enter the skating ring at JEC for the 1st time at 22 yrs old. Have been living so near JE for 10yrs and counting, a 20min bus ride in the past, a 10min walk + 5min MRT ride now and I've never been to the JE's Fuji Palace. Got jio-ed by my uni friends and I thought why not give it a shot, lol. 6 of us, me, Daniel, Zhihua, Pearlyn, Yong Kai and Weide had a wonderful time. (maybe not Pearlyn who fell quite a few times =x) She hasn't roller bladed or skated b4 so she's actually done very well for a first-timer.
It turned out much much better than expected, probably I've fallen enough through my roller blading experience at ECP. Been blading there twice only actually, still haven't mastered it, hahaha. I had a clear record today, din fall at all, luckily, cos falling while ice skating is not only painful, it's WET, zzz. Not bad really, due to the promotion for going in 3's. Free skate rental, unlimited skating time. We could skate a round or 2, rest at 1 side and chit-chat, den another rd or 2, another round of toking cok. It was also a gd hideout from the horrible weather these days. Still waiting for the photos which Daniel took to come in, argh!
After tt, JE being my terroritory, I played host and took them to the coffee shop where the famous (at least to CSS/RV ppl) Duck Rice stall is. Just as we sat down, the fruit stall aunty came over and offered to take our orders with her special kind of paper on which she takes down our orders individually and then paste them on the cups when our orders came. After some decision making, she came back to collect those little papers and returned with our drinks. A real cheat indeed. I ticked the $1.50 box for orange juice and she returns cancelling the $1.50 box and ticking the $2.50 box. I repeated myself 3 times before she understands I'm asking her why it's $2.50 and not $1.50 and she explains they don't have fruit juice at $1.50. WHAT A CHEAT. She didn't even bother telling us and just upsized our orders as she liked. Felt like not taking the drink or paying her but hai, decided to just drop it. I'd never buy stuff from tt fruit stall ever again eh, zzz. If her service was gd I won't have minded a single bit tt she upsized our drinks.
Pearlyn and Weide had other places to go to, leaving the 4 of us, me, Dan, Zhihua and Yong Kai and we went to IMM for a walk. Ended up toking cok at Secret Recipe where I tried their famous marble cheese cake (pic below, so aesthetically pleasing as well). Phew, really gd. The day ended with a delightful surprise when Zhihua passed me her LSM notes for me to take a look during the holis, together with a handmade bday card. Haven't had one of those in years, so touched!