![]() |
|
|
Sunday, June 27, 2004
rush to wait & wait to rush I had to book in early in the morn at 8.30am to go for NDP rehearsal. I had breakfast wif my parents b4 they took me back to camp. We drew our arms at ard 9am and had to wait for the buses to come take us to national stadium at 10am. As one of the other companies was late, we left only at 10.30am. We reached the stadium at ard 12.30pm and started a component training at 1pm. After which, we took our lunch and rested for near 1hr before we had a 1st full run at 3pm. Our RSM took the time and effort to explain to us why we had to book in early and waste time waiting(it's 'cos we're coordinating wif the civilians who are also rehearsing for the pre-parade etc etc and we can't just come and go as and when we want to). Lol, unbelievably, we took our dinner at ard 4.30pm and waited until 6.30pm before we had our 2nd full run. During the 1st full run under the super hot sun, I was down with a slight flu and thus wasn't concentrating hard enough. During a wheeling(meaning the contigent turning a corner), somehow I did not follow my line and cut into the line beside me! I can't be sure but I think I caused a mess-up in the rows behind me and was thus scolded rather badly by my RSM. Well, I manage to recover from my flu just before the 2nd full run which went rather smoothly until the transformation drill. Duno why the sound system is very lousy today compared to past rehearsals. The echos from the 2 speakers at different positions of the stadium was too loud and the drum beats were mixed and muffled. Since we time our marching according to the beat of the drum, there was a cock-up in our marching(some left foot some right foot at one point in time) and we also did not stop together as a contigent when we reached the place where we had to stop and do the transformation drill. Luckily they din intend to keep us there any further and we got to our waiting area to rest after the 2nd rehearsal at ard 6.45pm. What a way to burn a sunday sia...waiting and waiting...can't really blame anyone 'cos such movements and coordination of large masses of people has nvr been perfect...my serg in BMT told us tt in the army, we always 'rush to wait and wait to rush'...how true it is...=) posted by sc @
Gran Torino - Jamie Cullum |
-tag-
-recent-
-archives-
-links- |