Saturday, June 26, 2004
balonglong

Hmm, what does tt mean? Haha...I've learnt many ridiculously funny words/verses since I've started serving NS. For e.g, some tt I've heard are "press button monkey jump"(this one has lotsa meanings which i still haven't completely understood, hehe), "touch your heart...ask yourself..."(meaning to tell what you really feel), "ho4 eh2"(dialect, meaning 'good one!'). Alright, back to "balonglong"(it means to slack). We've been servicing our tanks for the past wk to prepare to go outfield nxt tues. Today was also not spared. We had to load up the OVM(tools/equipment req'd for use during outfield) and the SFCS(we use it to aim) set while the tank drivers had to grease many parts of the tank and replace some faulty stuff. After we've taken out the stuff from the store and laid them out nicely on the floor, I was told by my serg to take care of the store(sit there and make sure no unauthorised personnel enters the store lorz) while the rest of my mates went about doing up the tanks. Oh man, how exciting it was to be. I sat there looking around for approx. 3.5hrs! What could I be doing? Thinking about what to do when I book out, singing out softly some of my fav songs etc. Couldn't have felt more bored...would've preferred to sweat it out carrying stuff ard lorz, hai. This wk was full of servicing but there were some interesting moments. On Tues night, we were gathered at the vehicle shed to start off the servicing for the week and our tok-cok session began again! The characters involved this time were: me, my buddy KB, tok-bird king MY and ah-seh Jeremy. The topic was on time-travelling. We were thinking of how time travelling is possible and we came up with many different theories of course, beginning with the relativity theory by Einstein. I was thinking...time travel is only possible if the past and present are running concurrently(any comments??) KB even gave a analogy of having 2 mirrors, if it was possible for us to travel faster than speed of light, we'd be able to reach the 2nd mirror before the view from when we left the 1st mirror even reaches it. Since the images from the 1st mirror to the 2nd mirror are transmitted constantly, tt means we'd be able to see what happened in the 'past'(images we see on the 2nd mirror start even b4 the moment we left the 1st mirror!). By the time this theory was proposed, I was already disengaging from the tok cok session cos our initial objective is already long forgotten!(hehe, and i lost track of what they were actually discussing le). But as we left the vehicle shed, we came up with the conclusion that we should not think about it cos it's 'evil'(lol, exaggerate sia). If we were able to travel back to the past, every little action we make in the venture can have great if not, catastrophic(issit spelt this way?) effects to the future(which is our present actually)...Tt's all for now, I've to do other stuff before I book in tml morn! My sunday is burnt by NDP rehearsal...

posted by sc @ 4:49 pm

---


Gran Torino - Jamie Cullum

The Hunger Site

-tag-


-recent-
-archives-
-links-