Saturday, April 16, 2005
FTX 1

FTX 1 (full troop exercise 1) was a chance given to the spare crew by our PC for us to have tt little bit of training in combat exercise so tt our NSF live will not be useless lorz. It was a 3-day outfield from wednesday til friday but we had washing of our a-vehicles to do so we only got to book out today.

Well, I was working wif who else but the spare commander Sgt Kenny lorz, together wif my fellow spare gunner Yuan Sheng who played the role of the tank driver in this exercise. On the whole, the results were disastrous as expected, wif the commander's behaviour, irritating as usual due to his character.

On the first day, we were lucky to be declared down by the umpire and we moved our of camp only 3hrs after the rest of the battalion left the vehicle shed. Me and Yuan Sheng spent the time toking cok on our tank lorz. We talked about a lot of things larz, but I was surprised to find tt he's similar to me in certain little ways lorz. Like me, he also knows tt he behaves differently when mixing ard wif a different crowd, but unlike me initially, he feels that it is alright as he thinks tt's the way he is lorz. I was initially thinking whether it makes me a person wif many faces lorz, a hypocrite in some way. But I've come to accept it and I'm glad there's someone out there who sort of agrees wif me, haha. *bish*

Any way, when we moved out, our 'dear' commander had to topo his way to where our company was setting up laager(duno how it's spelt) area and we were late lorz, his topo skills aren't tt zai. =P At ard 6am the next morn, we moved out again on our 2nd mission and unbelievably, a combination of Sgt Kenny, Yuan Sheng and the tank's non-100% serviceability, the tank was badly damaged and required tech-squad ppl to come to us and repair the tank outfield. It took up most of our day and after which, we joined back wif our coy again at their laager area. This time, we got there on time and Sgt Kenny was pretty pleased wif his topo skill as he told us tt but it was answered by dead silence from me and Yuan Sheng. Hai, if one's topo skills are so zai ar, why would he need to consult ppl along the way right?? He asked at least 3 strangers at different parts along our way lorz. *bish*

Then on the 2nd night, we had to move wif our PC tank to scout the routes we might take for our last mission on Friday morn. He had trouble keeping up wif our PC and he told me to help him shine light on the map while he guided the tank lorz. Hai, the thing is, what's the use? I'm jus a tank gunner lorz, never learnt anything abt topo! I found it very hard to see where we were at the speed we were moving and Sgt Kenny kept asking me whether I could tell where we were. *bish* Up to one point, we lost sight of the PC tank and lost our way and when our PC radioed us, Sgt Kenny told him, "Oh, my driver lost his way..." Goodness me!! That has got to be the lamest reason one can hear lorz. Cos, the tank is guided by the commander mahz, how the hell can the blame be put on the driver who follows instructions?! After our outfield back at the bunks, I heard from the other fellow tankees tt they really laughed when they heard tt lame reason on radio lorz.

On the last day of our FTX, our tank even sank into very soft mud which we couldn't get out of alone lorz. Our PC had to use his tank to tow us out. Hai, I was very seh in the tank in the day, so I not sure what's really happening ard til it happens lorz. From what I guess, it's the commander's fault again! Obviously it is him who guided the tank into the soft sand mahz, right? On the last day, our turrent also chui lorz. Up to mid-day, our turret cannot be depressed and it was locked pointing into the sky lorz, sian diaoz. The pt is, I guess my crew(maybe it's the commander's fault I duno...) is really suay lorz, this is the 2nd time I get to move outfield participating in the exercise as a main crew but once again, our performance was simply too dissapointing to our PC and horrendous in my perspective. Sad case larz...

posted by sc @ 10:39 pm

---


Gran Torino - Jamie Cullum

The Hunger Site

-tag-


-recent-
-archives-
-links-