Saturday, January 15, 2005
15 jan
On this very day last yr, it was the day I entered BMT at tekong. It was a long-awaited day for me. I was very neutral abt it, neither fearing it or looking forward to it. Taking the fastcraft wif my parents over to tekong, I was just praying hard I'll settle down quickly cos I, for one, take a long time getting used to a new environment. When we collected our duffel bags, also known as 'Ali Baba bag', we had to empty all it's contents to check and make sure everything was present. I was really lost sia, the commander shouted out all the stuff very quickly tt I had difficulty following. After everything was checked, we had to keep everything back in double-quick time and I ended up stuffing everything in a messy way back into the bag lorz. As expected, I had problems closing it up and when when everyone started leaving the training shed, I remember I had to strain my fingers to carry my bag cos it wasn't properly closed. Luckily one kind soul saw me struggling to carry my bag to move wif the grp and offered his help.
We were then directed to our bunks and very luckily for me, there was Hao Han and Nicholas also frm NJ and I felt more relaxed then. I unpacked my stuff and it was already evening time. After dinner, we tot we escaped cutting our hair on the first day...How wrong we were, haha. At ard 7+pm, we were gathered at a training shed jus downstairs of our block and we had our haircut! It really made me feel like a different person le being botak =P. After we had our bath, it was time for sleep and of course, I had problems going to sleep lorz. I think I only managed to fall asleep ard 12+am. The next morning, our revelle was like 5.30am and it was the first time I had to do an exercise immediately after waking up b4 having breakfast! Felt very shagged, haha, not like now, 5BX(basic exercises) is no kick wanz.
Initially during my BMT, I could only do 3 chin-ups which is short of 3 from a pass. We had a daily chin-up regime b4 lunch where we lined up in front of the chin-up bar in our sections and had to do 4 sets of 4 wif 20 push-ups after each set. If we couldn't finish the set, our buddies behind us will assist us by pushing us up on the chin-up bar lorz. Wah, very siong for me then lorz, me very weak wan mahz. Towards the end of BMT, I managed to scrap a silver for my IPPT wif 9 chin-ups. Now, my norm would be 12 chin-ups and I try to do chin-ups everyday after RO wif Cheng Hon to maintain the standard lorz. 12 compared to 3 b4 NS, quite a huge different sia...=P
I've settled down now at Sungei Gedong so life is considered ok larz. But compared to life here initially, I would say life at Tekong was way much better. I was in L(Leopard)-coy, a welfare coy cos most of the ppl there are sort of like scholars lorz, my grades of 2As, 1B, 1C and 2 ungraded is the lousiest in my platoon, u can imagine! Since they're all a'lvl ppl, it was easy to interact and everyone was very understanding. Another reason is tt everyone(except a few of us, including me) was pia-ing to get into OCS so when volunteers were required by the commanders, everyone was very automatic wanz. Not like now, when our commander calls for volunteers, we take a while b4 someone takes the initiative, very sad case.
As a tankee now, well, we dun have to chiong like the AIs do when outfield but when we return to camp from outfield, wah, we're very siong wanz. Needa service our tanks and also clean all our MGs...the AIs only have to clean their personal weapons. Somemore our commanders demand standard in terms of cleaning the MG so we always take at least 5hrs cleaning our MGs. Well, will be going to India for training in late Feb(luckily aft New Yr...) and in Apr and May, will be having ATEC(duno wat it stands for larz, but it's a test of our battalion's standard for war). Jus when you think we will get to relak after ATEC, we're also involved in NDP! But aft Aug, life should be good for us le, relaxed pace, just servicing and maintaining our fitness until we ORD. Til then, hafta sian1 ku3 hou4 tian2 lorz.
posted by sc @
10:29 pm
---
Gran Torino - Jamie Cullum
|
-tag-
-recent-
-archives-
-links-
|